Παρασκευή 13 Απριλίου 2012

Death of the deathcarrier


  
 
Snow was falling all over town.it was one of those days where you would breathe out cold and pee icecubes.
The whole town looked like a sad pittoresque leftover of giger’s mind.
People walked and i walked with them.
This is the day i became someone.
 
No longer a number.
No longer a part of society.
No longer a working class hero.
Downtown now,minding still my own business.
The wind sent me a newspaper.i took it and threw it in the can.
An old man was there,next to the can,laying half-dead on the glassy floor.
Beside him,
Was a warm counter with french croissants and muffin cakes.
A suited guy
Was yelling about his merchandise.
 
I ran to the poor fellow.
-sir,sir..are you ok?
No reply.
Suited guy interfearance.
- hey man,don’t mind him.
He’s a bump.
Drunk for sure.comes here everyday.
 
A sunbeam attacked me.
Suddenly,i felt like a fucking knight.
 
My mind asked me all kinds of questions.
Whether i had to punch the guy,make him bleed and choke to death with his pretty croissant,help the poor old bump or just leave some money and get the fuck outta there.
Luckily,i checked his pulse first.
I approached his dirty moisty clothes and tried to hear his exhausted little heart bump just a little.
Total failure.
-he’s got no pulse,you asshole.call an ambulance.
-what?
The croissant guy felt like a child,whose mother was yelling at him.
-i cant do that.i don’t have a cell and i cant leave the counter.
You go find someone.
 
 
My eyes got scarier than any serial killer i’ ve seen in the movies.
I could see them through the look of this miserable,suited,fearful, croissant-guy,whose last last day on earth has just been decided.
Dreadful times,my friends.
Fucking brat,i said and ran to a hotel nearby.
Ten minutes later,i called for an ambulance.
Half an hour later,they were there just to take the poor old champ’s frozen body.
The croissant-guy tried to act friendly later.
That made things even worse.
He’s going to pay,you know.
Just figure out how and have faith.he has to pay.
When the ambulance came,a deposal was needed.the nursist smiled at me politely when he figured out what happened and wished me the best.
“at least,you tried,cowboy”,he said.
“yeah,i tried,sheriff”,i laughed at myself.
Nobody was going to make me feel better about this.it was nice to have someone trying though.
“by the way,cowboy,we found this.oldie had a mask.inside his left pocket.take it.something to remember him by.i don’t think anyone else will.”
 
A delirium of justice appeared.
“thanks”,i said and hold my new gift in my exploding,freezing hands.
Everything made sense in a violent way right now.
 
A mask was all i needed.
 
To hide my failure.
To hide my feelings.
To hide my face.
To hide myself.
 
This old man was a deathcarrier.
I can carry death for others now.
I am the deathcarrier.
It’s cold and it feels alright.
 
 
Snow never felt better.
……………………………………………
 
 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου